dc coyote's world

a southwestern guy in DC: my thoughts about everything internal and external: psychology, politics, pets, my mood and evolution as a person, sports, books, movies, tv, comics, pop culture and gay culture

Monday, August 10, 2009

The Weather Is Hot...and So Are the Nats

Thanks God. Finally, after suffering through the most brutal season as a baseball fan that I've ever suffered through, the Nationals are rewarding our dogged perseverance. We're winning.
I slogged out to Nats Park yesterday in the blazing heat. I was en fuego but, thanksfully, so were the Nats. Love Dunn, love Zimm, love Wills, but...I LOVE Nyjer Morgan! He is a cool drink of water in center field after 4 1/2 seasons of wincing every time a ball was hit out there. And what a sparkplug as a leadoff hitter! Watching him discombobulate pitchers when he's on base is a joy.
So, here's to the Nats, a joke no more. Please excuse this momentary delusion. The heat's left me giddy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home